Oct 4, 2022
In this episode sponsored by Genus
Elphick travels to the north of the Cotswolds to visit Harriet
Rycroft, a garden speaker, consultant, writer, and an expert in
container gardening. They talk about her book 'POTS' and wander
around Harriet's back garden, home to nearly 800 pots.
- The book has 4 chapters - Learn - Plan - Grow - Care
- Harriet's advice is right plant, right place, and right pot,
but at the same time do experiment and have fun.
- A few pests and how to manage them without resorting to
- Drainage, watering feeding.
- Pot materials and the question of pot feet
- We talk about a few specific plants. Podophyllum 'Spotty
Dotty'. Oxalis 'Iron Cros'. Begonia carolineifolia. Begonia
sizemoreae. Amicia zygomeris. The ' Honka' dahlias. Coleus 'Henna'.
Canna 'Russian Red'. Abutilon 'Canary Bird'.
- Climbing plants in pots.